ENTREPRENEUR APPLICATIONSummer 2021 Applications Closed
Applications for Summer 2021 are now closed. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG Entrepreneur application. All applications for Summer 2022 go live in April of 2022. If you are interested in finding other ways to get involved contact our team today!
WHAT IS GET GIRLS GOING?
Get Girls Going (GGG) empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. Get Girls Going runs a 4 week summer incuabator for black high school girls who are selected to take part in a youth entrepreneurship program. To provide support for each girl in our program, GGG hires college women to work closely with our girls to ensure programmatic success
COVID 19 Update:
Summer 2021, Get Girls Going will be fully virtual and will be offering only remote programming. We ask that all applicants can commit at least 4 weeks with an optional 2-week segment (June 5, 2021 – July 30, 2021) with us. If you have any additional questions as you fill out this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does it mean to become a GGG Entrepreneur?
A GGG entrepreneur is someone who is motivated to make a difference in other people’s lives. She is also someone who enjoys problems solving and working in groups. She sees opportunity in problems and is interested in leading the changes within her community. A GGG entrepreneur is a leader and is passionate about ….. She is overall hardworking and determined for success.
All GGG Entrepreneurs will be paid while participating in the GGG summer program.
GGG ENTREPRENEUR responsibilities:
- Developing a business idea that must tie into a social issue prevalent in their community.
- Creating a product or service that makes an impact or solves a problem
- Attending and participating in all major events
- Deliver business pitch to an audience
- Must be an upcoming sophomore, junior, or senior in high school
- Should have a passion for entrepreneurship or innovation
- Must be able to attend sessions, events, and meet programming requirements
- 2 Working Blocks, Monday – Friday at 10AM-4PM
- 1 Bonding Session a Week