ENTREPRENEUR APPLICATIONSummer Application
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG Entrepreneur application. If you are interested in finding other ways to get involved contact our team today!
WHAT IS GET GIRLS GOING?
Get Girls Going (GGG) empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. Get Girls Going runs a 6 week summer incubator for Black high school girls that are interested in entrepreneurship, innovation and changemaking. Every summer a cohort of Black teen girls are selected to be a part of the incubator through an intense application process. Each girl selected to be a part of the 6 week incubator program will be paired with a GGG entrepreneurship mentor and a GGG entrepreneurship advisor. GGG entrepreneurship mentors are Black/Brown in college who will work closely with our teen entrepreneurs throughout the incubator program. GGG Entrepreneurship advisors are women entrepreneurs from the Boston ecosystem or an expert in a field related to the ideas of the entrepreneur she will be advising.
GGG App. Contact
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG entrepreneur application via these contacts below.
What does it mean to become a GGG Entrepreneur?
A GGG entrepreneur is someone who is motivated to make a difference in other people’s lives. She is someone who enjoys problem solving and working in groups. She sees the opportunities in problems around her and is interested in leading the change within her community. A GGG entrepreneur is a young Black leader looking to work with like minded girls and women to develop her ideas!
All GGG entrepreneurs will be required to work Monday – Friday, July 5th 2023 – August 17th, 2023 (9:00AM – 3:00PM) for up to 25 hours per week
GGG ENTREPRENEUR responsibilities:
- Developing a social impact business idea that will qualify as a social enterprise
- creating a product or service that makes an impact or solves a societal problem– solves a problem or adds value to people’s lives
- Completing workshop assignments and deliverables
- Attending and participating in all workshops and events
- Being punctual and communicate proactively with GGG staff.
- Pitching business idea for funding and resources at GGG’s annual pitch night
- Must be an upcoming sophomore, junior, or senior in high school
- Should be interested in exploring entrepreneurship or innovation
- Must be able to attend sessions, events, and meet programming requirements
- Identifies as a Black teen girl