Entrepreneurship Mentor APPLICATION
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the Entrepreneurship Mentor application. All applications go live on December 1st and will close on April 1st of each year.
Please read these FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) as they may answer quesions you have about Get Girls Going.
WHAT IS GET GIRLS GOING?
Get Girls Going is a 4-week summer program that empowers black teen girls to pursue entrepreneurship as a way to increase the participation of true leadership amongst black women. We create a space, sisterhood, and support system for black high school girls that otherwise do not have this in their lives. This organization is formulated to give girls the tools they need to take their life experiences and passions and channel that into creating a solution for problems they see prevalent in the world!
What does it mean to become a GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor?
A GGG entrepreneurship mentor is someone who is motivated to make a difference in others’ lives. She is someone who communicates well with others and can work in a team. She is someone who is responsible and is able to make decisions that will benefit her mentee as well as meet the overall mission of the program. She is someone who inspires and motivates their mentee in a positive way. She is accountable, supportive, honest, personable, dedicated, curious, and someone who is eager to learn.
GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor responsibilities:
- Serve as a TA during Entrepreneurship classes by supporting Entrepreneurship educators in the classroom and innovation lab.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure student success
- Support mentees in the ideation, creation, and market strategy process.
- Complete mandatory bonding sessions with mentees
- Leads activities and events for cohort
- Participate in the organizations’ leadership meetings
- Responsible for handling administrative tasks
- Must be enrolled in a College/University
- Should be 18+
- Must have a passion for entrepreneurship and/or innovation
- Experience working with youth/teen girls
- Must be available to attend training, orientations, and the entire duration of the program
- Preferred: Experience with technology: MS suite, fabrication, and design software.
GGG App. Contact
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG Entrepreneur application via these contacts below.
All applications go live on December 1st and will close on April 14th of each year.