Get Girls Going Mentor APPLICATIONSummer Application
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG Mentor application. If you are interested in finding other ways to get involved contact our team today!
WHAT IS GET GIRLS GOING?
Get Girls Going (GGG) empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. Get Girls Going runs a 6 week summer incubator for Black high school girls that are interested in entrepreneurship, innovation and changemaking. Every summer a cohort of Black teen girls are selected to be a part of the incubator through an intense application process. Each girl selected to be a part of the 6 week incubator program will be paired with a GGG entrepreneurship mentor and a GGG entrepreneurship advisor. GGG entrepreneurship mentors are Black/Brown in college who will work closely with our teen entrepreneurs throughout the incubator program. GGG Entrepreneurship advisors are women entrepreneurs from the Boston ecosystem or an expert in a field related to the ideas of the entrepreneur she will be advising.
What does it mean to become a GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor?
A GGG entrepreneurship mentor is someone who is motivated to make a difference in their community. She is someone who communicates well with others and can work effectively in a team. She is someone who is responsible and is able to make decisions that puts her mentee at the center. She is someone who likes to be hands on. She is accountable, supportive, honest, personable, dedicated, curious, creative, mission driven, passionate and someone who is eager to learn!
All mentors are required to weekdays Monday-Friday between June 19th, 2023 – August 18, 2023 (8:30AM – 3:30PM) for up to 35 hours per week.
COVID-19 considerations: We are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace, and therefore we require all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by June 27th, 2023.
GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor responsibilities:
- Serve as an TA for entrepreneurial sessions and workshops
- Develop and facilitate community building workshops
- Coach mentees in the ideation, solution validation and design thinking processes
- Lead group activities and events
- Complete a weekly check in with mentees
- Collect data and develop report
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings
- The ability to supervise and motivate teens and others to achieve the goals of the GGG
- Should have a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation
- Must be able to communicate with others at all levels, exercise sound judgment and attention to detail
- Must have experience working with youth/teen girls
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Identifies as a Black woman
- Enrolled in a College/University
- Experience with technologies such as: MS suite, Canva or Adobe.