Get Girls Going Mentor APPLICATIONSummer 2022 Applications Open
Applications for Summer 2022 are now open. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG Mentor application. If you are interested in finding other ways to get involved contact our team today!
WHAT IS GET GIRLS GOING?
Get Girls Going (GGG) empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. Get Girls Going runs a 6 week summer incubator for Black high school girls who are selected to take part in a youth entrepreneurship program. To provide support for each girl in our program, GGG hires college women to work closely with our girls to ensure programmatic success.
COVID 19 Update:
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe workplace, and therefore we require all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by June 27th, 2022. If you have any additional questions as you fill out this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does it mean to become a GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor?
A GGG entrepreneurship mentor is someone who is motivated to make a difference in their community. She is someone who communicates well with others and can work effectively in a team. She is someone who is responsible and is able to make decisions that puts her mentee at the center. She is someone who likes to be hands on. She is accountable, supportive, honest, personable, dedicated, curious, creative and someone who is eager to learn!
All mentors are required to weekdays Monday-Friday between June 27, 2022 – August 13, 2022 (8:30AM – 3:30PM) for up to 35 hours per week.
GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor responsibilities:
- Serve as an Entrepreneurship Education Assistant for entrepreneurial workshops
- Can help design, develop and facilitate special subject workshops
- Coaching mentees in the ideation validation phase
- Leads group activities and mini events for summer cohort
- Complete a weekly check in with mentees
- Participate in the organizations’ leadership meetings
- Collaborate with cohort mentors to complete administrative tasks
- Should have a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation
- Experience working with youth/teen girls
- Identifies as BIPOC woman
- Experience with technologies such as: MS suite, Canva or Adobe.
- Enrolled in a College/University