Get Girls Going Mentor APPLICATIONSummer 2021 Applications Closed
Applications for Summer 2021 are now closed. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have pertaining to the GGG Mentor application. All applications for Summer 2022 go live in April of 2022. If you are interested in finding other ways to get involved contact our team today!
WHAT IS GET GIRLS GOING?
Get Girls Going (GGG) empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. Get Girls Going runs a 4 week summer incuabator for black high school girls who are selected to take part in a youth entrepreneurship program. To provide support for each girl in our program, GGG hires college women to work closely with our girls to ensure programmatic success.
COVID 19 Update:
Summer 2021, Get Girls Going will be fully virtual and will be offering only remote programming. GGG mentors are required to attend a week of training in addition to the 4 weeks of programming. We ask that all applicants can commit at least 5 weeks (June 28, 2021 – July 30, 2021) with us. If you have any additional questions as you fill out this application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does it mean to become a GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor?
A GGG mentor is someone who is motivated to make a difference in their mentees lives. She is someone who communicates well with others and can work in a team. She is someone who is responsible and is able to make decisions that will benefit her mentee as well as meet the overall mission of the organization. She is someone who inspires and motivates their mentee in a positive way. She is accountable, supportive, honest, personable, dedicated, curious, creative and someone who is eager to learn!
All GGG mentors will be paid a stipend after the completion of the summer program.
GGG Entrepreneurship Mentor responsibilities:
- Serve as a TA during Entrepreneurship classes and workshops
- Support mentees in the ideation, creation, process.
- Leads activities and events for summer cohort
- Participate in the organizations’ leadership meetings
- Collaborate with fellow mentors to complete administrative tasks
- Must be enrolled in a College/University
- Must be 18+
- Should have a passion for entrepreneurship and/or innovation
- Must be available to attend week long training, orientation, and the all programming events
- Preferred: Experience working with youth/teen girls
- Preferred: Experience with technology: MS suite, design software