*Seasonal/Temporary Position: Summer 2022
Work will be performed in person in Boston
Application Deadline: May 1st, 2022
Fellowship Duration: June 13, 2022 – August 15, 2021
Get Girls Going, Boston is looking for an Entrepreneurship Education Fellow to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and reliable committed to our mission.
Get Girls Going (GGG) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. As a way to increase the representation of true leadership in business, Get Girls Going (GGG) runs a 6- week summer incubator alongside yearly workshops and events for black teen girls in high school between the ages of 15 and 18 that are looking to start businesses and social enterprises of their own. GGG’s vision is to develop the future of business leaders in America through entrepreneurship education, mentorship, and social justice.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience teaching or be a student pursuing a degree in entrepreneurship, teaching or education. In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students, delivering lesson plans and maintaining a safe learning environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. This fellowship is geared toward a college student or recent college graduate who is looking to get experience working with a startup non-profit organization.
- Internalize lessons, prepare lesson materials and deliver lessons to students.
- Revise lesson material with students individually or in mall groups when necessary
- Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean
- Supervising students in class, between classes and during recreation periods and field trips
- Document student progress and communicate with the GGG executive team to keep us informed of an issues students are facing
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings
- Work with GGG mentors and summer team to streamline procedures and tasks that involve student materials.
- Must be enrolled in a accredited University or can have a bachelor’s degree
- 1 years of experience in a teaching role (student teaching or teaching assistant )
- Experience working with a diverse group of people
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, as well as Internet search tools.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of organizations mission, vision and goals.
- Ability to engage students of all learning levels and grade levels
The Entrepreneurship Education Fellowship will be 8 weeks long. It will run from June 20, 2022 – August 15, 2022. You will be asked to work 35 hours a week. No benefits are available to temporary and seasonal employees. Sick time and time off can be discussed with the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Get Girls Going (GGG) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In compliance with federal, state and local laws, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are deeply committed to building diverse candidate pools for all positions and creating a work culture and environment inclusive of all. Women of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.