*Seasonal/Temporary Position: Spring 2022. Work will be performed remotely
Application Deadline: January 14th , 2022
Internship Duration: February 7th, 2022 – May 6th, 2022
Get Girls Going, Boston is looking for a spring program development intern to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and reliable committed to our mission.
Get Girls Going (GGG) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers Black teen girls to create social enterprises that solve problems in the world, and in doing so equips them to be leaders that challenge racial and gender inequities that prevent them from success. As a way to increase the representation of true leadership in business, Get Girls Going (GGG) runs a 6- week summer incubator alongside yearly workshops and events for black teen girls in high school between the ages of 15 and 18 that are looking to start businesses and social enterprises of their own. GGG’s vision is to develop the future of business leaders in America through entrepreneurship education, mentorship, and social justice.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with program management duties. Strong communication, documenting and organizing skills is a must. This internship is geared toward a college student or recent college graduate who is looking to get experience working with a startup non-profit organization.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate workshops and events
- Example workshops include but not limited to: panel discussions, guest speakers, hands on activities
- Promote programming, events and updates on all official GGG social media outlets.
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings
- Document systems, contacts, logistics, and communications that you create which are pertinent to workshop success.
- Strategically partner/collaborate with other organizations that are aligned with GGG mission and vision to bring value to events and workshops.
- Assist with the logistical creation of the summer programming schedule.
- Must be enrolled in a accredited University or can have a bachelor’s degree
- 1 years of experience organizing projects or events
- Experience working with populations served at GGG
- Excellent organizing and event planning skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, as well as Internet search tools.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of organizations mission, vision and goals.
Spring Development/Program Internship is a 13 week commitment. It will run from February 7, 2022 – May 6th, 2022. You will be asked to work 15 hours a week. No benefits are available to temporary and seasonal employees. Sick time and time off can be discussed with the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Get Girls Going (GGG) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In compliance with federal, state and local laws, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are deeply committed to building diverse candidate pools for all positions and creating a work culture and environment inclusive of all. Women of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.