Virtual Program Development Intern
This is a 100% remote and unpaid internship. Flexible hours
Get Girls Going, Boston is looking for one program development intern to join our team to help lead, develop, and coordinate virtual programs. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and reliable.
Get Girls Going is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers black teen girls to become entrepreneurs. As a way to increase the representation of true leadership in business, Get Girls Going (GGG) runs a 4 week summer incubator alongside yearly workshops and events for black teen girls in high school between the ages of 15 and 18 that are looking to start businesses of their own. GGG’s vision is to develop the future of business leaders in America through entrepreneurship education, mentorship, and social justice.
The perfect candidate will have previous experience with developing programs and events. Strong communication and organizing skills is must. This is a great opportunity for a college student who is looking to get experience working on program development with a startup non-profit organization.
- Plan, organize and facilitate virtual events and workshops
- Example virtual events include but not limited to: panel discussions, think tanks, webinars, mini educational series, keynotes
- Promote virtual events and workshops through official GGG social media outlets
- Meet with GGG team weekly to discuss objectives and milestones
- Document systems, contacts, logistics, and communications that you create which are pertinent to virtual event and workshop success. This responsibility is important for interns that fill your role in the future
- Strategically partner/collaborate with other organization that is aligned with GGG mission and vision to bring value to virtual events and workshops
- Serve as the primary point of contact of all virtual programs
- Manage GGG shared events calendar
- Manage GGG Eventbrite Page
- Request all needed GGG website updates 48 hours in advance
- Excellent organizing and event planning skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, as well as Internet search tools
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of organizations mission, vision and goals.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is currently unpaid, but opportunities for academic credit may be possible.
If you are interested please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org