Grant Writing Intern
This is a 100% remote and unpaid internship. Flexible hours
Get Girls Going, Boston is looking for one grant writer intern to join our small but mighty team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and reliable.
Get Girls Going is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that empowers black teen girls to become entrepreneurs. As a way to increase the representation of true leadership in business, Get Girls Going (GGG) runs a 4 week summer incubator alongside yearly workshops and events for black teen girls in high school between the ages of 15 and 18 that are looking to start businesses of their own. GGG’s vision is to develop the future of business leaders in America through entrepreneurship education, mentorship, and social justice.
The perfect candidate will have previous experience with grant writing and proven skills in community development but does not have to. Strong communication and writing skills are a must. This is a great opportunity for a college student who is looking to get experience working on grant writing with a startup non-profit organization
- Help generate revenue for organizations programs and services through submission of researched, well- written, and well-documented fund-raising proposals.
- Work closely with GGG staff to generate proposals and all required supporting documents
- Maintain communication on progress of obtained grants with GGG executive staff.
- Draft compelling grant proposals and conduct relevant research and data analysis for the proposals
- Identify, through research, public and private grant opportunities that organization qualifies for.
- Meet with GGG team weekly to discuss objectives and milestones
- Excellent writing, verbal, proofreading, and editing
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize under deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel, as well as Internet search tools
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Understanding of organizations mission, vision and goals